Friday, November 7, 2008

CORA JANE IN CORVALLIS


Cora Jane Dooley, my semi-retired waitress, is well on the way to her next adventure. This time she and her Minnie Winnie motor home, RV-GO, are in Corvallis, Oregon, where she has already gotten into more trouble than a woman her age should have to deal with before her first cup of morning coffee.

The word count for RV-GO TO RACK AND RUIN is at 15,776 so far, my goal being to get to half way by next Friday (The finish line on this 50K marathon is midnight on 30 Nov.)

I will be taking a few hours off today for our Senior Writers Workshop - it is second to the last meeting before our Fall break. The project this quarter is to publish a collection of our work for friends and family. We've titled it: THIS AND THAT - HERE AND THERE - THEN AND NOW. If all goes well, I'll be taking it over to Staples for printing Monday! My son, a talented designer, will be doing the cover this weekend. Always exciting to have a new book out! When we have it finished I'll let you know how you can get your copy.

Now, it's back to the novel! Have a great weekend!

No comments: