Sunday, November 16, 2008

BEGINNING WEEK THREE OF NANOWRIMO/ NEW BOOK!


I have written over 32K words now on RV-GO to Rack and Ruin! Over half way done and pushing on ahead - think I may actually have a plot going now. Seattle is see-sawing for the lead with Maryland - this morning they were slightly ahead so we Westcoasters need to up the intake of Starbucks and take back our lead. There are over 115 writers world wide participating this year! Quite impressive.

But it is a small world, when you look at it - I emailed one of the writers from the Isle of Skye in Scotland the other day. She's writing a mystery novel too and I wanted to give her pat on the back for her very impressive word count. She wrote back that she grew up in Portland and always enjoyed taking the train to Seattle! How about that?

Friday was the last Writers Workshop until January. Our new collection of work is done! See photo. The concept of the cover is that you are looking over the backyard fence into an alternate universe - cool, huh? We certainly had great fun putting our little book together.

Tomorrow I go back to work after two week's vacation. Always a bit of trepidation in returning to work. Will I still have a job??? In the present economy companies are going out of business or being bought up faster than maple leaves fall from the trees at first frost! I guess we'll see. I know my boss is probably sick to death of doing my route by now. Especially since the poinsettias are on their way!

No comments: